Sunday, January 27, 2008

Eighteen Visions


[left to right: Mick Deth - bass, Ken - guitar, James - vox,
Keith - guitar, Trevor - drums]

Eighteen Visions - nowadays when you see this name posted online it is usually followed by disappointment and the word emo.

Allow me to totally disagree with that!

I’ve listened to their self titled album too many times to count. I listened to it after I woke up, after I ate, when I was happy, when I was cranky, when I was in a rush and when I was relaxing – the result was the same – I was listening to some cool rock album.

All of their songs have their core in the darker side of life and they were heavy with metal and hard core influences… up until now.

Eighteen Visions follow up new direction in music – reinvention, progression and growing.

Vocally I think James has grown tremendously. I think this progress and change they developed works well with his vocal capabilities and it would have been a shame to waste this talent on hard core and metal.

One of the things that catches my attention beside the vocals are the drums. You can say I have a soft spot for them but they are powerful, intense and hard not to notice. Way to go Trevor!

The bass line and the guitars blend beautifully!

18 Visions are a good band with great potential and they showed it once again!

Let’s not forget that these wonderful musicians are amazing people as well. Word goes they are the only band whose artists are all straight edge. And over 10 years too!

It’s good to have some good examples out there! Congratulations guys!

Take a look at their official website or their myspace profile for tour dates, buy their album and join the army of fans!

There you have it! Another band that’s worth your time!

Unfortunately, James annouced the band's members will go their separate ways and not exist as 18v anymore.

No comments: